Virginia Tech™home

Disability/Medical Accomodations

Housing and Residence Life cooperates with Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) and Schiffert Health Center to provide desired assistance and/or accommodations. Students who are covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact SSD, which coordinates services across many different departments.

Students requesting special accommodation due to a medical condition, disability, or other situation that may affect on-campus living should complete the Request for Special Accommodation in Housing Assignment form which is available on the SSD website. When requested, this form will also be mailed to you.

The earlier that we are aware of your needs the more successful we will be in accommodating you.

Ken Belcher, senior associate director for housing services, located in 144 New Hall West, works closely with and is the primary contact for the SSD office in reviewing housing accommodations for students with medical concerns or disabilities.