Vision and Mission
A community where everyone belongs, in the spirit of Ut Prosim.
Shaped by our vision of belonging, HRL cultivates residential communities which foster relationships and experiences that promote equity, diversity and inclusion; foster creativity; model responsible stewardship; practice integrity; and support lifelong learning.
- Stewardship - We believe that people are our greatest resource, and the relationships we foster amongst our staff and partners are core to the success of our work. We also understand that the physical environments we create and sustain are critical to students' thriving. As a result, we invest our assets to develop our human and physical resources.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - We create and sustain environments where individuals of all identities are recognized, welcomed, and affirmed.
- Learning - We commit to creating and working in environments that deepen life skills, knowledge, and self-understanding.
- Creativity - We model the way in thinking beyond what has been, to what could be. In doing so, we foster opportunities for students to express their ideas, advocate for their vision, and see them become reality.
- Integrity - We strive to create environments where individuals can define their values and take actions which are aligned with their values.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- We understand that all individuals are unique and vital participants to fully realize the richness of our community.
- The intersection of differing identities is often the place where transformative learning happens.
- This work is not easy - it is messy and ever evolving.
As a result, we are committed to:
- Continually evaluating our intentions, processes, procedures, and interactions
- Implementing strategies that remove barriers to access, opportunities, support, and success
- Building relationships, owning our mistakes, and continuing to listen and learn