The Arts Live Here...
The artist’s most creative work is made where they can explore their art freely. In Studio 72, our philosophy is that time and space to create art is the key to tapping into that creativity. Here students come to understand the arts as essential to the human experience. As a member of this new community, you will:
- Have exclusive access to studio space in Pritchard Hall, the home of Studio 72.
- Meet and workshop with visiting artists on campus
- Take ART 1104 Language of the Arts, a course about creativity and the artistic process with other community members (encouraged but not required; notify program director [firstname.lastname@example.org] if you're interested in this course)
- Experience arts events on campus and in the town of Blacksburg with other members of the community
- Participate in weekly discussions about process and critique
- Belong in a community of people who also create and love the arts
You can have any major, and be a first year student and above; all you need is a strong academic commitment to learning through the shared experience of art making in a variety of disciplines and mediums. Whether it’s performance art, visual art, digital art, or somewhere in between, Studio 72 is a community where curiosity, innovation, imagination, and creating art are a way of life.
Studio 72: The Living Arts is a new living-learning community and will open fall of 2017. Applications for incoming first-year or transfer students are part of the Housing Contract process-- click here to apply. For questions or to get more information, contact Program Director Matt Ebert at 540-231-2237 or via email (email@example.com).