Parking on Move-In Day
Here's the step-by-step, play-by-play for parking, so you can get in, get out, and get on your way:
- Find the unloading area closest to your residence hall using our move-in map. We've done our best to make the map clear and easy to read, but feel free to ask questions if you're still unsure of where to park. Keep in mind that there is a 30-minute time limit to unload all belongings in order to keep the traffic moving during the move-in process.
- Make sure your parking permit is clearly displayed and either hung from your rearview mirror or placed on the dashboard. This will help make sure you avoid parking tickets!
- Unload your belongings. That's the whole reason you're here, right? We have some moving carts available to help move your items.
- After unloading, move your vehicle to Resident parking. These lots are marked on your move-in map.
- Remember that you are not permitted to park in service or handicapped parking spaces, on grassy areas, or on sidewalks. You are also not permitted to park in the dorm rooms (no matter how easy it would make moving in), in the duck pond (think of the ducks), or on our football field (endzones included). We have plenty of fantastic lots though, so it shouldn't be a problem.
- Relax and enjoy Virginia Tech; you're all moved in!