Transfer House is an exciting opportunity for transfer students to live and learn in a community specifically focused on making the transition to Virginia Tech smooth and successful. The goal of Transfer House is to connect students with each other and the university in order to help them acclimate and find success in all aspects of their life at Virginia Tech. Transitioning from one institution to another can be difficult and Transfer House will help make that transition easier.
Transfer House is only available to students transferring to Virginia Tech. Transfer House is located within the Graduate Life Center (GLC) at Donaldson Brown. While the majority of students in the GLC are graduate and non-traditional students, this is a perfect home for Transfer House with unique opportunities for collaboration.Cost for the 2016-17 academic year was $3626.78 per semester, $7,253.56 per year in traditional double rooms. Residents can expect the cost to be similar (minor increase expected) for the 2017-2018 academic year.
What to Expect...
Transfer House is a collaboration between multiple university offices and partners, some of the unique engagements and experiences that may be provided are:
- Workshops with Student Success Center and Career Services
- Connection with and mentoring by other transfer students
- Leadership opportunities through a leadership council
- Learning about and experiencing the Blacksburg, New River Valley, and Roanoke areas
- Social opportunities to engage with other students, faculty, staff, and administrators such as sports tailgates, documentaries, socials, presentations, etc.
- Academic Advising
Apply to be part of Transfer House
Applications for Transfer House for the 2017-2018 academic year are no longer being accepted. Due to the size of the incoming 2017-2018 first year class, we will be unable to offer spaces to incoming transfer students within Transfer House.
For any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main Housing & Residence Life office at 540-231-6205.