Virginia Tech is not your typical college cafeteria. Virginia Tech has consistently been ranked in the top five dining programs in the country, according to the Princeton Review. The dining program wins awards each year for its food, restaurants, special meals, and programs.
All guests during the summer will be eating at our all-you-care-to-eat dining hall, D2. This dining hall has eight major shops that are sure to meet all your guests needs. Should someone have any allergies or dietary issues, the certified chefs can work with your group to help accommodate the guest's needs.
- Mangia! features Italian favorites, such as freshly tossed Caesar salads, a salad bar, and pasta - plus pizzas, strombolis, and bread sticks prepared in a brick oven.
- At Olives, D2's nationally award-winning vegetarian and vegan menu has been expanded to include a bountiful array of fresh vegetables, fruits, and Mediterranean and Middle Eastern-inspired menu options, such as hummus, falafel, and pita bread.
- Eden's offers an abundance of fresh produce and salad toppings, piping hot soups, and freshly baked breads so that you can create your own meal.
- Gauchos, an authentic Brazilian churrascaria, features skewered meats grilled over an open flame, in addition to rotisserie chicken, grilled-to-order sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, French fries, and vegetable side dishes.
- At La Patisserie you can make your own VT-embossed Belgian waffle or select from a variety of desserts, muffins, and freshly baked pastries.
- Pan Asia features a variety of Asian creations sautèed, steamed, or fried in gas-fired woks, as well as soups, egg rolls, and fried rice.
- Salsas features a salsa-susan along with south-of-the-border specialties like nachos, tacos, and warm tortillas.
- East Side Deli features shaved meats, aged cheeses, and homemade rolls and breads perfect for creating your favorite made-to-order hot or cold sandwiches.
Squires Food Court provides national-franchise dining at a convenient location adjacent to downtown Blacksburg. These shops are only open during limited times throughout the summer months.
- Sbarro offers many authentic Italian selections ranging from gourmet pizza, stuffed pasta dishes, and Neopolitan entrees to Mediterranean salads and tempting desserts. This shop is only open during July.
- At Au Bon Pain guests can choose between an array of deli sandwiches, soups, pastries, and a variety of desserts. Coffee and espresso beverages are also available. This shop is open with limited service in June and August and is fully operational in July.
Personal Touch Catering, located on campus, does a variety of events from simple coffee breaks to elegant, formal dinners and receptions. Personal Touch Catering will tailor their services to meet your expectations. Delivery and pick up service is also available.
The Owens Banquet Room is an elegant, spacious ballroom that can accommodate up to 400 guests. It is equipped with state-of-the-art sound equipment and a baby grand piano. Personal Touch Catering can also cater events outside of Owens Banquet Room.